Warrior Nun® Saved Halo Design Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND THE PROVINCES OF CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LAWS. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. MANY WILL ENTER, ONE (1) WILL WIN.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL BE UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE FAN VOTING DETAILS ON OR AFTER OCTOBER 15, 2023.
1. Eligibility: The Warrior Nun Saved Halo Design Contest (this “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who, at the time of entry, are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their state, territory or province of residence at the time of entry if higher than 18. Employees, representatives, agents and any judge of Sponsor and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children regardless of where they live) and household members whether related or not of each such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. This Contest is subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations applicable in the jurisdiction where the Contest is entered and the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes each entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the interpretation thereof by the Sponsor, and the judges’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. For a copy of these Official Rules, print them from www.warriornunsaved.com.
2. Sponsor: Perfectly Productive Media Ltd., 1750 - 1055 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC V6E 3P3.
3. Promotion Period: This Contest begins on October 5, 2023 at 9:00:01 P.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period’). Sponsor’s time-keeping device is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter; Entry Requirements: NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. During the Promotion Period, to enter, visit www.warriornunsaved.com (the “Website”) and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit a registration form including a valid home address and your original proposed halo design that embodies the spirit of the WARRIOR NUN franchise from your perspective and could be used to represent the show. The design may not be the same or substantially similar to the so-called “halo design or logo” featured in connection with prior episodes of the Warrior Nun show aired on Netflix, which is an independent third-party platform that is not controlled by or associated with Sponsor. Limit one (1) entry per eligible entrant during the Promotion Period. Each entrant must use a unique email address to enter and cannot share an email address with another entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify later entries using the same email address used by a preceding entry. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. To be eligible to participate and win in this Contest, design submissions must conform to the terms of this paragraph and the following parameters in “Content Restrictions” and “Entrant Representations” immediately below:
The design: (1) must be your own original creation (created by you alone), may not incorporate any third party intellectual property, and may not have been submitted in any prior contest or previously published, and (2) must be submitted in a .jpeg file (you may include a maximum of one image).
Your submission must not, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion:
Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to personality, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
Reference any celebrity or other public figure or contain brand names, logos, trademarks or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or phraseology) owned by a third party;
Disparage or misrepresent the WARRIOR NUN franchise, Sponsor, or any other person, brand or company or their products or services;
Contain images or artwork not created by you, the entrant;
Contain nudity or violence, or material that is sexually explicit or suggestive, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or promotes the consumption or use of alcohol, illegal drugs, cannabis, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, or any activities that are or may be unsafe or dangerous;
Contain any personal identification, such as name, physical address, email address, or phone number;
Contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination, including without limitation discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, career or age; and
Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations, or is otherwise objectionable, in Sponsor’s opinion.
By entering a design in this Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that: (i) it is your own original work (created by you alone), has not been previously published, has not previously won awards, and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights or other intellectual property, proprietary or other rights of any person or entity; (ii) you are not under a contractual, employment or other obligation to provide the design to any other person or entity as part of an exclusive obligation, first right of refusal, or other similar restriction; (iii) and your submission compiles in full with these Official Rules. You acknowledge that by accepting your design into the Contest, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless from any breach of these representations.
DESIGN SUBMISSIONS TO THE CONTEST ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL SUBMITTER AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
License to Sponsor:
By entering this Contest, each entrant grants Sponsor and its designees a nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable license to use, reproduce, display, distribute, modify, adapt or otherwise exploit the design submitted by each entrant and create derivative works in any form for any purpose, in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, as Sponsor may choose, without compensation or notice to, or review or approval by, the entrant.
As a condition to being confirmed the winner, the entrant whose entry is selected as the winning entry hereby grants (and will be requested to confirm in a separate written “Affidavit”) that the winner grants Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, fully paid up, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable license to use, reproduce, display, distribute, modify, adapt or otherwise exploit the design submitted by the winner and create derivative works in any form for any purpose, in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, as Sponsor may choose, without compensation or notice to, or review or approval by, the entrant. Sponsor will own all derivative works created by or on behalf of Sponsor. This license from the winner will be exclusive for 5 years (even as to the winner) such that only Sponsor and its designees may use the winning entry during such 5-year period, whereafter, the license grant will automatically become non-exclusive.
5. Judging & Judging Criteria: Following the end of the Promotion Period, on November 1, 2023 at Mesquite, Texas, Ben Dunn, the creator of the WARRIOR NUN concept, will serve as a qualified judge on behalf of Sponsor to judge eligible entries based on the highest scored entries according to the following criteria: (i) adherence to Contest prompt in opening paragraph of Section 4 (50%), creativity (25%), and originality (25%). Mr. Dunn will select up to the top three (3) entries or “finalists,” which will advance to a second round of judging for the best entry by fans. In the event of a tie between two entries as Mr. Dunn judges, the tie breaker will be the entry with the highest score for creativity and if the score of creativity is also a tie, the entry to advance will be the entry with the highest score for originality. Mr. Dunn reserves the right to select fewer than three (3) finalists if insufficient eligible entries are made. Assuming there is more than one (1) finalist, the finalists will advance to a fan voting round to determine the winner. Fan voting will occur on a new platform coming online soon. We’ll update this Section to provide details on fan voting on or after October 15, 2023]. All entrants prior to posting of the updated version of these rules will receive an email notification with a link to the updated rules so you have the fan voting details (sent to the email address used to enter).
6. Winner Notification: Sponsor will communicate with potential winner regarding the Contest via mail, email, or phone, in its discretion. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by or on behalf of Sponsor by email for purposes of this Contest. Potential winners will be required to sign and return, within five (5) business days of the date of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Intellectual Property License (an “Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her prize. If: (a) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) potential winner does not respond to initial attempts to notify them within three (3) business days of the date of first notification, (c) potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules (including, but not limited to, eligibility requirements), (d) potential winner’s Affidavit is returned as undeliverable or not received when required, or (e) the potential winner does not provide a valid mailing address within one (1) month of the date of first notification, the prize may be forfeited and Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the selection criteria mentioned above. Sponsor reserves the right to verify potential winners’ eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as Sponsor determines. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
7. Prize: Sponsor will award one (1) prize to the winner. The prize is an original signed drawing by Ben Dunn, the creator of the WARRIOR NUN concept, selected in Mr. Dunn’s discretion to appeal to WARRIOR NUN fans. (Approximate Retail Value: USD $199.00 plus cost of shipping to winner to be determined based on winner location. Shipping is paid by the Sponsor). Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial or local taxes and any other costs or expenses in connection with claiming or using the prize, which are not specified as part of the prize description in these Official Rules. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor makes no representation to winner as to the content, merchantability non-infringement or fitness or suitability of prize for any purpose. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable. Limit: One (1) prize and one (1) winner.
8. Liability Release: In consideration of receiving any prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its affiliates and related companies as well as their respective licensees, partners, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies , prize suppliers, and any other interveners related to the Contest and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any , for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever property damage, (including emotional distress), and/or death caused, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Contest or any promotion or prize-related activities, and for any claims or causes of action based on third party’s rights, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
9. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown in perpetuity for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration to winner and without winner’s approval of any advertising or marketing materials.
10. General Conditions: In no event shall Sponsor be required to award more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor that impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest (including, if the Contest is not capable of running as planned), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion without prior notice. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any Entry and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize to a winner selected from among the eligible entries received prior to the discovery of the issue, in accordance with the selection criterion set forth herein or elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, the applicable law, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entries that contain false or incomplete information shall be deemed void.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder, as the case may be. Proof of entering information at the Website will not be deemed proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties (described in Section 8) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, incomplete or stolen mail, entries or prize notifications; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that, in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in this Contest and, in no event, shall the Release Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
Resident of Quebec Only - For the Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
14. Winner List: Sponsor may post winner on its websites and social media pages. To request winner name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before January 31, 2024, to Perfectly Productive Media Ltd., 1750 - 1055 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC V6E 3P3, Attn: Warrior Nun Saved Halo Design Contest. 15. Intellectual Property: As between the entrant and Sponsor all intellectual property related to the Contest, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations, but excluding the entrant's design submission, are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.